6 tips to help sell your property for the best value in 2023
Selling a property in the Australian property market can be a daunting task, especially if you want to sell it at the best possible price. However, there are certain tips that can help you achieve your goal. Here are some of the best tips to help you sell your property at the best price in the Australian property market in 2023:
1. Choose the right time to sell your home
Choosing the right time to sell your property can make a huge difference in the price you get for it. Typically, the cyclic nature of the Australian property market shows trends that activity is higher in the spring and summer months, so consider listing your property during these times of the year.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that market conditions can vary from year to year, so it’s worth doing some research to get a better understanding of the current market trends
2. Setting the right asking price
Setting the right price is crucial when it comes to selling your property. If you set the price too high, many potential buyers may be put off or excluded due to financial limitations.
If you set your price too low, you may not get a decent return on your property. It’s important to work with a trusted and professional real estate agent who can help you set the right price based on current market conditions, adjusting the price against comparable sales in the area, and the unique features and value adds of your property.
3. Stage your property to showcase potential
Staging your property can make a big difference when it comes to selling it. Staging involves arranging furniture, decor, and other items in a way that showcases the best features of your property and makes it more appealing to potential buyers. Consider a staging plan yourself if you want to keep costs down or hiring a professional stager to help you create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere that will help potential buyers imagine themselves living in your property.
4. Use high-quality photos and videos
In today’s digital age, high-quality photos and videos are essential for creating great first impressions online when it comes to selling your property. Potential buyers are more likely to be interested in a property that has clear, high-quality photos and videos that showcase its best features.
360 videos and interactive walkthrough video content can help a potential buyer feel like they are walking through the property from the comfort of their own home. This has become especially handy during the pandemic when open house inspections were unavailable. Consider hiring a professional photographer or videographer to help you create a visually stunning listing that will stand out from the competition.
5. Work with the right agency to sell
Real estate agents have in-depth knowledge of the local housing market, including current trends, pricing, and demand. They can provide valuable insights on how to position your property to appeal to potential buyers and maximise your sale price.
Negotiating with potential buyers can be a complex and stressful process. Real estate agents are trained negotiators who can handle this aspect of the sale on your behalf, ensuring that you get the best possible price for your property.
Selling a property can be time-consuming and require a lot of effort. Real estate agents can take care of many of the tasks involved in the sale, such as arranging viewings and inspections, handling inquiries, and negotiating with buyers. This can save you time and make the process more convenient. Ultimately choosing the right real estate agency to work with can benefit you greatly in the sale of your home.
6. Explore affordable renovation methods you can use to increase the value of your home.
- Paint your walls: Freshly painted walls can make a big difference in the look and feel of your home. Consider using neutral colours that appeal to a broad range of buyers.
- Update your kitchen: Replacing old appliances or installing new cabinets or countertops can breathe new life into your kitchen without breaking the bank.
- Upgrade your bathroom: Simple upgrades like replacing old fixtures or installing new lighting can make a big impact. You can also re-grout or replace old tiles to give your bathroom a fresh look.
- Improve your landscaping: First impressions count, and a well-maintained garden or backyard can add significant value to your property. Consider planting some new trees or shrubs, and tidying up any overgrown areas.
- Create an outdoor living space: Australians love spending time outdoors, so consider creating an outdoor entertaining area. You can add a deck or patio, install an outdoor kitchen or barbecue area, or add some comfortable outdoor furniture.
Remember that when it comes to renovating, it’s important to stick to a budget and focus on projects that will add the most value to your property.
Overall, selling your property and getting the best deal you can requires careful planning, research, and attention to detail. By selecting the right time, setting the right price, investing in home upgrades, staging your property, working with the right agency and using high-quality photos and videos, you can increase the chances of selling your property quickly and at the best possible price.
** General Advice Warning
The information provided on this website is general in nature only and it does not take into account your personal needs or circumstances into consideration. Before acting on any advice, you should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs and where appropriate, seek professional advice in relation to legal, financial, taxation, mortgage or other advice.